This Services Agreement (this “Agreement”), dated as of May 1, 2021 (the “Effective Date”), is by and between Julie McKinney Miller for Canine Rehab Hub (“Service Provider”) and the client (“Customer”) and together with Service Provider, the “Parties”, and each a “Party”).
WHEREAS, Service Provider has the capability and capacity to provide information and education information regarding canine physical therapy and related services; and
WHEREAS, Customer desires to retain Service Provider to provide said services, and Service Provider is willing to perform such services under the terms and conditions hereinafter set forth;
NOW, THEREFORE, in consideration of the mutual covenants and agreements hereinafter set forth and for other good and valuable consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which are hereby acknowledged, Service Provider and Customer agree as follows:
- Services. Service Provider shall provide to Customer the services (the “Services”) set out in the statement of work, which is attached hereto as Exhibit A (the “Statement of Work”). The Statement of Work shall not be modified or expanded except by written agreement of the Parties.
- Fees and Expenses.
- In consideration of the provision of the Services by the Service Provider and the rights granted to Customer under this Agreement, Customer shall pay a single payment of $300 for an Evaluation and Starter Home Program Session, which is due and payable prior to services via provided checkout form using credit card. For additional Home Program Update Sessions, Customer shall pay $100 per session. Payment to Service Provider of such fees shall constitute payment in full for the performance of the Services.
- In the event that Customer fails to make any payment required by this Agreement, Service Provider shall immediately cease all work until payment is made.
- Limited Warranty and Limitation of Liability.
- Service Provider warrants that it shall perform the Services:
- In accordance with the terms and subject to the conditions set out in the Statement of Work and this Agreement.
- Using personnel of commercially reasonable skill, experience and qualifications.
- In a timely, workmanlike, and professional manner in accordance with generally recognized industry standards for similar services.
- Service Provider warrants that it shall perform the Services:
- Confidentiality. From time to time during the Term of this Agreement, either Party (as the “Disclosing Party”) may disclose or make available to the other Party (as the “Receiving Party”), non-public, proprietary, and confidential information of Disclosing Party that, if disclosed in writing or other tangible form is clearly labeled as “confidential,” is identified as confidential when disclosed, or which the Receiving Party should reasonably know to be confidential (“Confidential Information”); provided, however, that Confidential Information does not include any information that: (a) is or becomes generally available to the public other than as a result of Receiving Party’s breach of this Section 7; (b) is or becomes available to the Receiving Party on a non-confidential basis from a third-party source, provided that such third party is not and was not prohibited from disclosing such Confidential Information; (c) was in Receiving Party’s possession prior to Disclosing Party’s disclosure hereunder; or (d) was or is independently developed by Receiving Party without using any Confidential Information. The Receiving Party shall: (x) protect and safeguard the confidentiality of the Disclosing Party’s Confidential Information with at least the same degree of care as the Receiving Party would protect its own Confidential Information, but in no event with less than a commercially reasonable degree of care; (y) not use the Disclosing Party’s Confidential Information, or permit it to be accessed or used, for any purpose other than to exercise its rights or perform its obligations under this Agreement; and (z) not disclose any such Confidential Information to any person or entity, except to the Receiving Party’s Group who need to know the Confidential Information to assist the Receiving Party, or act on its behalf, to exercise its rights or perform its obligations under this Agreement.
If the Receiving Party is required by applicable law or legal process to disclose any Confidential Information, it shall, prior to making such disclosure, use commercially reasonable efforts to notify Disclosing Party of such requirements to afford Disclosing Party the opportunity to seek, at Disclosing Party’s sole cost and expense, a protective order or other remedy.
- Term & Termination.
- This Agreement shall commence as of the Effective Date and shall continue thereafter until the completion of the Services, unless sooner terminated pursuant to Section 5.2 or Section 5.3.
- Either Party may terminate this Agreement, effective upon written notice to the other Party (the “Defaulting Party”), if the Defaulting Party:
- Materially breaches this Agreement, and such breach is incapable of cure, or with respect to a material breach capable of cure, the Defaulting Party does not cure such breach within 15 days after receipt of written notice of such breach.
- Becomes insolvent or admits its inability to pay its debts generally as they become due.
- Becomes subject, voluntarily or involuntarily, to any proceeding under any domestic or foreign bankruptcy or insolvency law, which is not fully stayed within seven business days or is not dismissed or vacated within 45 business days after filing.
- Is dissolved or liquidated or takes any corporate action for such purpose.
- Makes a general assignment for the benefit of creditors.
- Has a receiver, trustee, custodian, or similar agent appointed by order of any court of competent jurisdiction to take charge of or sell any material portion of its property or business.
- Service Provider may terminate this Agreement before the expiration date of the Term on written notice if Customer fails to pay any amount when due hereunder and such failure continues for 15 days after Customer’s receipt of written notice of nonpayment.
- Limitation of Liability. IN NO EVENT SHALL SERVICE PROVIDER BE LIABLE TO CUSTOMER OR TO ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY LOSS OF USE, REVENUE, OR PROFIT, OR FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, EXEMPLARY, SPECIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES WHETHER ARISING OUT OF BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), OR OTHERWISE, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH DAMAGE WAS FORESEEABLE AND WHETHER OR NOT SERVICE PROVIDER HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, AND NOTWITHSTANDING THE FAILURE OF ANY AGREED OR OTHER REMEDY OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
- Entire Agreement. This Agreement, including and together with the attached Statement of Work constitutes the sole and entire agreement of the Parties with respect to the subject matter contained herein, and supersedes all prior and contemporaneous understandings, agreements, representations and warranties, both written and oral, regarding such subject matter.
- Severability. If any term or provision of this Agreement is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable in any jurisdiction, such invalidity, illegality or unenforceability shall not affect any other term or provision of this Agreement or invalidate or render unenforceable such term or provision in any other jurisdiction.
- Amendments. No amendment to or modification of this Agreement is effective unless it is in writing and signed by each Party.
- Waiver. No waiver by any Party of any of the provisions of this Agreement shall be effective unless explicitly set forth in writing and signed by the Party so waiving. Except as otherwise set forth in this Agreement, no failure to exercise, or delay in exercising, any right, remedy, power or privilege arising from this Agreement shall operate or be construed as a waiver thereof, nor shall any single or partial exercise of any right, remedy, power or privilege hereunder preclude any other or further exercise thereof or the exercise of any other right, remedy, power or privilege.
- Assignment. Customer shall not assign, transfer, delegate or subcontract any of its rights or delegate any of its obligations under this Agreement without the prior written consent of Service Provider. Any purported assignment or delegation in violation of this Section 11 shall be null and void. No assignment or delegation shall relieve the Customer of any of its obligations under this Agreement.
- Relationship of the Parties. The relationship between the parties is that of independent contractors. Nothing contained in this Agreement shall be construed as creating any agency, partnership, joint venture or other form of joint enterprise, employment or fiduciary relationship between the parties, and neither party shall have authority to contract for or bind the other party in any manner whatsoever.
- No Third-Party Beneficiaries. This Agreement benefits solely the Parties to this Agreement and their respective permitted successors and assigns and nothing in this Agreement, express or implied, confers on any other Person any legal or equitable right, benefit or remedy of any nature whatsoever under or by reason of this Agreement.
- Choice of Forum. Each Party irrevocably and unconditionally agrees that any dispute arising under or related to this Agreement shall be resolved exclusively through arbitration to be held in Knoxville, TN under the rules of the American Arbitration Association. Each Party irrevocably and unconditionally submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of such arbitration and agrees to bring any such dispute only in such forum. Each Party agrees that a final judgment by such arbitration is conclusive and may be enforced in other jurisdictions by suit on the judgment or in any other manner provided by law.
- Counterparts. This Agreement may be executed in counterparts, each of which is deemed an original, but all of which together are deemed to be one and the same agreement.
- Force Majeure. The Service Provider shall not be liable or responsible to Customer, nor be deemed to have defaulted or breached this Agreement, for any failure or delay in fulfilling or performing any term of this Agreement when and to the extent such failure or delay is caused by or results from acts or circumstances beyond the reasonable control of Service Provider including, without limitation, acts of God, flood, fire, earthquake, explosion, governmental actions, war, invasion or hostilities (whether war is declared or not), terrorist threats or acts, riot, or other civil unrest, national emergency, revolution, insurrection, epidemic, lock-outs, strikes or other labor disputes (whether or not relating to either party’s workforce), or restraints or delays affecting carriers or inability or delay in obtaining supplies of adequate or suitable materials, materials or telecommunication breakdown or power outage, provided that, if the event in question continues for a continuous period in excess of 15 days, Customer shall be entitled to give notice in writing to Service Provider to terminate this Agreement.
- Disclaimer: The information provided in the Company’s Website, Programs, Products or Services are not intended to be substituted for professional veterinary advice, diagnosis or treatment. The Company is agreeing only to provide Client with access to the Program or Service, which provides education and information. The information contained in the Program or Service, including any interactions with the instructors, is not intended as, and shall not be understood or construed as, professional medical advice or treatment. By entering into this agreement, YOU the Client agree that Julie McKinney Miller is NOT a veterinarian and that any information given during the Program or Service is for educational purposes only. By entering into this agreement, you agree that you should always seek the advice of your own veterinarian, physical therapist, or another health care professional regarding any questions or concerns about your dog’s specific health situation. You agree that you will not disregard professional medical advice or delay seeking professional advice because of information provided during the Program or Service.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the parties hereto have caused this Agreement to be executed as of the Effective Date by their respective duly authorized officers.
Canine Rehab Hub
Name: Julie McKinney Miller, PT
Title: Licensed Physical Therapist, Canine Rehab Coach
STATEMENT OF WORK
Evaluation & Starter Home Program includes: Customer submits Canine Rehab Hub hip dysplasia intake form and the requested videos for evaluation purposes. Customer then will receive a starting home program from Service Provider that includes detailed instructions on the suggested home program for the first two week period with both written instructions and demo videos.